This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 04:00

Autodiscovery doesn't display computer

Autodiscovery doesn't display computer

My computer is not displayed under "Discovered Connections [on]"

Detals:
iphone 4 Pocketcloud V2.2.134
Windows 7 64-bit Copmanion V2.3.9
I have run the set up wizard, including the autodiscovery using g-mail, and it concludes with an "Installation Successful" window.
I have checked "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop"
Under the advanced tab on the desktop companion I have RDP port 3389 and VNC port 5900. If I click "run diagnostics" I get "RDP is listening on port 3389" and "VNC is not listening on port 5900"
I have checked "Allow programs to communicate through firewall under Domain, Home/Private, and Public for the following: Pocketcloud install wizard, Pocketcloud service, Remote assistance, Remote desktop, and Remoter Desktop-Remote FX .

Can you help?

thanks

3 Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

Correct. There is nothing listed below "Discovered Connections [on]" on my phone.
My laptop is connected to a network server. I have checked "Allow programs to communicate through firewall under Domain, Home/Private, and Public for the following: Pocketcloud install wizard, Pocketcloud service, Remote assistance, Remote desktop, and Remoter Desktop-Remote FX on my laptop. Would I need to allow the connection at the server level?

I tried the logout/ login. No luck

The Companion icon says Sig Out with a green dot.

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

So it is just not showing on Discovered Connections at all? Do you have a firewall or anti-virus that could be blocking the Companion software? Please make sure it is on the allowed application list.

Exit the PocketCloud application on your device, then sign out and in again in the companion, wait 30 seconds or so, then open PocketCloud again.

Also, if you right click on the Companion icon (kite) in the system tray, does it say Sign Out -  email@gmail.com with a green icon next to it? If it shows Sign In - email@gmail.com with a red icon next to it, sign in again.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

Thanks Josh

That worked.

I couldn't follow the restart instructions, because when I typed "Services" in the run window, nothing happened, but I right clicked on the companion window, logged out and back in.

I checked my phone and my computer shows up now , and everything seems to work

Thanks for your help.

1.3K Posts

No problem at all. 

Sorry, on Windows 7 you can open the start menu and type services into the "search programs and files" search area. That will bring up the services window.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

1. Start > Go to Run > Type regedit and go following location
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Terminal Server" . 

2. Check the value of fDenyTSConnections. 
If fDenyTSConnections is not equal to 0 make it 0 and restart WysePocketCloudService.
To restart service go to Start > Run > type Services > scroll down to Wyse PocketCloud and click restart

Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!