Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Error: VNC: authentication failed: No configured secuirty type is supported by 3.3 vi

Error: VNC: authentication failed: No configured secuirty type is supported by 3.3 vi

I am trying to remote into my Windows 7 desktop, this is my setup and the error message.

"Error: VNC: authentication failed: No configured secuirty type is supported by 3.3 viewer3 viewerA"

PC:
Windows 7
Wyse Pocketcloud Companion v2.1.5
VNC Server 4.5.3

Iphone 4:
IOS 4.1
Pocketcloud 2.1.100

I am able to connect to the pc with Remote Desktop connect and a solo vnc viewer app but I am not able to connect using the pocketcloud app. It was working a while back but not anymore, I was running windows Vista so I format and put on Windows 7 and the same problem is happening. I made sure the port in VNC and Pocketcloud are the same, my iphone is also on the same network. Anybody have any idea?

8 Posts

Same error for me. Nothing changed on the pc. Has been working.

544 Posts

Go into the settings for VNC Server 4.5.3 and set a password.

I went into VNC the Authentication is set to Windows password so I change it to VNC password and the Encryption has always been on. I am still getting the same error. If I use VNC view from my iphone it works fine but Wyse pocketcloud would get the same error. OMG once I put the Encryption off and it connected without a problem.

544 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by tclement View Post

Same error for me. Nothing changed on the pc. Has been working.
1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) Do you have the PocketCloud Companion installed?
3) What VNC Server are you running?
4) What is the exact error message that you are seeing when you attempt to connect.

Thanks,

Chris

No Events found!