Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Google login supposedly failed...

Question Google login supposedly failed...

On BOTH desktop (XP Pro, SP3) and iPhone (iOS 4.2.1.) I have logged in to Google (outsideb Pocket Cloud) from both platforms, and even reset password and tried NEW password from both platforms. Clearly it's not Google. But what is it?

10 Posts

August 1st, 2015 05:00

i got caught by this as well. there are two common problems that cause this:

1. when you provide your credentials to pocketcloud, you must give the full e-mail address, ie: blah@gmail.com, and not just "blah".
2. if you already have an account configured for google login in pocketcloud, the startup wizard fails every time. i got caught with this when trying to change to another gmail. i assumed that the startup wizard would automatically overwrite the previous gmail account, but it doesn't. it just sits there for about two minutes before giving an error message. the solution is to go into the settings and put the gmail account in there.

these may not be your problems, but I thought I'd just mention these since they were very annoying. i've not yet come across a product with gmail integration that actually required the full e-mail address.

the second bug is annoying ... the startup wizard should realise there is already a gmail account setup and notify the user and give them the ability to change it. just sitting there with a spinning wheel for 2 minutes and then reporting a fail isn't very useful.

cheers, wizdude.

No Events found!