Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MR

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Installed Windows Companion, but cannot pass credential check with gmail

Exclamation Installed Windows Companion, but cannot pass credential check with gmail

Am trying to enable autodiscovery and need to sign into my google account. I provide my correct email addr and pswd, but I get "login failed". Cannot get past this error...anyone else experience this?

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 22:00

It's dumb. Really dumb. Ordinarily with gmail you can leave out the periods and it's all good. I couldn't get it to work either until I did my first name dot last name which I had discontinued doing after I found out I could log onto gmail sans periods. Anyway it seemed kind of lame that whatever backend Pocketcloud used to connect to gmail required the original login name -- at least for me. YMMV. Caveat emptor. Each case is unique and individual results may vary and all that...

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 06:00

Hi ic,
Are you able to login to pocketcloud using firstname.lastname@gmail ? I am just checking to see if you have an option to connect, so we can prioritize.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

Same problem, no solution

I have exactly the same issue and nothing is working (although I can't figure out what "Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in" means). Chris - can you clarify?

My issue is the desktop client not accepting my gmail credentials (with or without periods). I can't get far enough to know if the app on the iPad will work or not.

Help!

544 Posts

Invalid username/password when signing into Auto Discovery with your Gmail credentials.
1) Open Safari.
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.

No Events found!