Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 09:00

Mouse and bottom bar flaky

Mouse and bottom bar flaky

Since applying the latest update to the pocketcloud app that was required to connect to the latest pocketcloud companion update, the mouse button on the bottom bar sometimes stops working. Possibly even worse, when I minimize the bottom bar, it disappears completely and the only way to get it back is to cancel the app completely. These problems have occurred connecting to both rdp & vnc computers. This is totally unacceptable for the most expensive app on my iPad! Do you guys test at all before releasing an update!

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 07:00

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We would not release the product if these issues were observed by our engineers or QA team. We would not intentionally force users to upgrade to buggy software. We test on many different devices as well as different versions of iOS. 

What version of iOS is installed on the device you are seeing this behavior on? What version of the iPad is it?

Can you try uninstalling the application and installing it again to see if that clears up the issue for you? It is possible that something got corrupted with your upgrade and a clean install might clear it up. Please let me know.

Also, when the toolbar goes away, does it return if the device is rotated?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

We have seen the issue and are looking into it. Thanks for the additional feedback. Please let me know if you come up with reproducible steps for it.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Was this on the latest release that came out yesterday (2.2.252)?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Please try rotating the device if you see the tool bar goes away. That will normally kick it back into place. Our engineers are currently looking into the issue.

Josh Maurer

23 Posts

iPad 1

I installed this update on my oldest iPad first to test it, the 0riginal 16g iPad 1, wifi only. It is running the most current iOS for that device, 5.1.1

I just tried to do the rotate test, but was unable to reproduce the original problem at this time due to limited time. I will do that test when I have another failure, report the results, then try the reinstall as requested. Please reassure me that my subscription will not be terminated when I delete the program. I have no desire to have to pay again!

23 Posts

The problem occurred again today, the mouse pointer tool would not appear, I tried rotating the screen both Before and after the bottom bar disappeared and nothing changed. I had to close the app and restart it. Before I uninstall and reinstall the app, have you been able to reproduce this problem?

23 Posts

Yes 2.2.252. I usually would not install such a new app, but i only installed it on one ipad because apparently the new pocketcloud companion that i had my mom install on her pc is not backwards compatible with the old app and i needed to help her with a problem on her pc. Very annoying that you force people to upgrade to a brand new buggy app because your vnc app requires it! The problem Does happen intermittently, but the touch pointer will disappear, hitting the button on the bottom bar will not restore it & if I hit the bottom on the far right to hide the bottom bar, it disappears completely and I can't get it back without terminating and restarting the app! Help! I will not update my other iPads till you resolve this problem and it's a pain since I will only be able to support my mom's pc from the one iPad that has this new problematic version! Why do you force the app upgrade for the new version of windows companion? This is really unacceptable!

23 Posts

You said you saw this problem yet have not updated this post. I have onle updated one of my three iPads to the new software because the new version is unusable for my primary tak and unfortunately I need the lousy new version on one iPad (essentially rendering useless) to access the updated pocket cloud companion on the one machine I updated. Please fix the problem or at the very least make an update to pocket loud companion which lets it work with the older version of pocketcloud! This is ridiculous for the most expensive app on my iPad to be so poorly supported!

I just downloaded PocketCloud to my iOS7 iPAD. I am running into the same problem, where the toolbar is completely hidden with no way to open it. The only solution is to completely close the app and restart it, at which point the toolbar is once again visible when you connect an RDP session.

VERY annoying problem, for an otherwise great app. Please fix!!!!

1.3K Posts

Our apologies for the trouble. It is a little unclear what versions you are running currently. Have you tried updating to the most recent version (2.2.x58) to see if the issue was addressed for you? 

What are you experiencing that is making the application unusable for you?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

As long as your device has the same account the application was purchased with signed in, you can delete and re-download the application again without a problem.

Please keep me posted.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!