Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 08:00

OS X Companion - What is systemkeychaincleaner?

Question OS X Companion - What is systemkeychaincleaner?

I went to install the Companion in OS X and under Custom install I noticed something called systemkeychaincleaner. It sounds scary. 

I searched here but couldn't find anything on it, and couldn't find any documentation other than the ReadMe in the download window for the Windows version.

What does systemkeychaincleaner do?

Love the app on my iPhone, I have a lot of machines to connect to and this does both RDP and VNC. The mouse controls, drag and drop, etc are great. I just want to know what it's going to do with the system keychain before installing the Companion on other people's machines. PocketCloud would be able to replace the other two iapps I use for RDP and VNC, plus TeamViewer.

Also are all of the parts necessary to install in the case where I don't want it running all of the time, only if my client on the other end launches it. Many don't want me to have full time access to their machines.

TIA

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 08:00

You have nothing to worry about with the Systemkeychaincleaner. =]

This only runs as a cleanup when you are installing an update from a previous version of the companion software to make sure there are no conflicts with the new/old code. Basically it just removes WysePocketCloudService system keychains (if there were any previously installed).

As for not having the application running all the time on your remote server, you can just sign out of the companion and that should do it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!