Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 21:00

RDP Disconnect

RDP Disconnect

I am trying to connect to my home laptop from my iPad3. I installed the Wyse pocket cloud windows companion on my windows 7, 64bit and connect through my google account (all seems okay). I can auto discover my laptop and get to the login screen. As soon as I login it logs me out my laptop ( expected) but seems to then disconnect the wireless network (unexpected) and I get the Rdp disconnect error....any ideas?

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Can you capture a log from the companion when this happens and send it to me in a PM?

To enable logging:
-Right click on the Companion icon (kite) in your system tray
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the box next to Enable Debug

Now attempt to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.

After doing this, navigate back to the Advanced tab in the Companion and press the ... button next to Enable Debug. Save this file and send it to me in a PM.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 6th, 2015 01:00

I have installed pocketcloud pro on my iPad3 and setup manual connection to my laptop on home network (verizon Fios). I am able to connect to my laptop and only screen saver is showing up. With in few minutes RDP conenction get disconencted and my network will be down on my laptop. I had to reboot my laptop to get my network back on. Can somebody help me what is wrong.

August 11th, 2015 09:00

I am connecting to windows Laptop (XP professional version). It is connecting to laptop, as I see my laptop screensaver on iPad. However I do no see any files/folders on the iPad screen. My laptop is not displaying anything, as it is undisplayed mode. When I tap on the screen saver, it gives a pop sound, but nothing is displaying. After couple of minutes, my laptop would display the login window and when I login to unlock, I see my network is disabled.

Remote PC: windows
PocketCloud Pro version: 2.2.231

1.3K Posts

Are you able to connect using another PC without a problem? Is is possible that your firewall may be blocking the incoming connection or that you may not have remote desktop enabled?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

After you are connected and can see the screen saver, if you tap on the screen does the screen saver dismiss? Do you hear any sounds when you tap on the screen?

What version of PocketCloud Pro are you using? What type of computer are you connecting to (Mac or PC) and what operating system version is it (Windows 7, XP, Vista, Home, Ultimate, Professional, Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.)?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!