Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 30th, 2015 06:00

iPad Issues

iPad Issues

Hello all at Wyse,

I just recently got an iPad and updated it to the 4.2.1 software (or what ever the latest iOS is). I heard fantastic things about your remote desktop app for the iPad and I downloaded it but I seem to be having a few problems....

I run on windows 7 home edition 32 bit. I downloaded the software on my PC to allow the remote desktop and did the same on my iPad. I had it do the auto connect on it and it kept saying too many security failures and wouldn't connect, I had also tried doing it via VNC option on the app and it asked for a password, I put the password in and it wouldn't work...

Any help you guys could give to me on this would be great, it looks like an amazing app and really want to take advantage of it

200 Posts

July 30th, 2015 06:00

Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this. Here are some questions that will help us troubleshoot tihs:
1) What version of the PocketCloud Companion did you install on your PC
2) Are the iPad and the PC on the same network? Different? Is the iPad connecting over WiFi or 3G?
3) Do you remember setting the VNC password during the PocketCloud Companion installation or did you do it at another point? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Hi Chris,
Please make sure you have version 2.1.5 installed on your Windows machine, you can do this by right clicking on the PocketCloud icon on the taskbar (the kite), selecting help and then About . The website does have links to older versions (archive) that we should avoid. 
When you installed the software on your Windows machine, do you remember having to enter a VNC Password?
Can you please double check that Tight VNC (or another VNC Server) has been installed on your machine? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Hi Daniel,

1). I downloaded the software off of the Wyse website: http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...tcloud/iphone/ for windows 7
2). Yes they are connected over the same wifi network. I have yet to set up the 3G on the device but that should be soon i would hope
3). I am not sure.. it asked for my Gmail account information and that was all

Thanks!

Chris

No Events found!