Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

February 4th, 2019 03:00

IP Camera connection problem with Wyse 5070

Hello: I have acquired a dell 5070 thin client with double RJ45. I have a virtual infrastructure with vSphere 6.5 and Horizon View 7.4. I connect a VM through the main RJ45 ethernet port and I need to connect an IP camera that is in a local network (192.168.1.X) point-to-point through the second RJ45 with the VM. The problem is that even though I connect the camera point-to-point to the second RJ45, the thin client recognizes the connection in the additional ethernet port, but the VM does not connect (I do not ping it) with the camera. (I have added a second NIC for this connection to the VM). Is there any solution? or this is not viable? (The idea is to connect the camera point to point with a VM that is in an ESXi). Thank you very much in advance, Greetings,

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

February 4th, 2019 05:00

Your problem is a networking one, not a redirection one.  You are asking for a network device (camera on an isolated network to client) to be accessible from a VM in the datacenter that has no network path.  Your only possibility is to somehow figure out how to establish routing on the endpoint, and in your VM in the datacenter setup the route to that network via your endpoint.  

No Events found!