Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2015 05:00

Wyse: model Tx0 (usb-to-serial adapter)

Wyse: model Tx0 (usb-to-serial adapter)

Hello,
I need help.
I have a wyse thin client. Model Number Tx0.
This model does not have any build in serial ports but I do need one. I ended up buying the usb to serial adapter. How do I get it to work now? Is there anything that I need to configure? Plug and play does not seem to work. Are these usb-to serial adapters compatible with my Tx0 client?
please & thank you

623 Posts

May 29th, 2015 05:00

No, not all usb-to-serial adapters are the same and not all of them are supported. Contact Dell Wyse inside sales group at 1-800-800-9973 option 1 for the correct part number to order.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

November 29th, 2017 12:00

I have the Dell Wyse3030LT and I called Dell also the only thing they told me is that the Thin Client only has a basic interface and will not read other devices that plugged into the USB. I have a dell 2810-48g switch consoled in to the Thin Client and its not reading it. I tried changing the serial ports from 2-10 and it still would not pick I up,. But if I plug it in to a different computer it picks up the switch just fine.

560 Posts

November 29th, 2017 13:00

SDeleon,

The 3030LT is a thin client and not a computer. They are designed as end-points for Terminal servers or VDI infrastructures with no "Standalone" support. This means that they need to be connected to a TS or a Virtual machine and the USB ports are there to support peripheral devices, not a "Host" as the switch would be considered. To use as a console device, you will need a Windows-based device or a device that offers Telnet capabilities.

No Events found!