Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P2

June 22nd, 2015 07:00

Quad Screen Use Case

Quad Screen Use Case

Hi everyone. I am interested to see what kind of interest there is for a quad screen capable ThinOS device running the wyse ICA port. We are in the midst of developing a global trader desktop solution and quad 24" screen's is part of the requirements list.
I am very curious to see, especially in the financial sectors, what the appetite is for something like a v10l or a Xenith capable of true quad DVI.
Our main reason behind this is the lack of management overhead ThinOS requires, obvious ease of deployment and the fact that it is already approved for use here at my company. Short of having something like this available for this use case, we will be forced to either accept a managed end point device running embedded Windows or Linux OR go with PCoIP which completely throws our standard XenDesktop environment out the window.
Looking forward to hearing the comments.

Thanks

Thanks Damien. How many seats would you have deployed if WTOS had the quad capability?

Agreed. We are looking at them for high performance users of about 12-20k just in this company. Hopefully, Wyse will move on this as it is a very valid use case and would make our decision on the project to deploy ThinOS over PCoIP zero clients an easy one. Tarken, are you hearing me?

13 Posts

Healthcare / Education here. Already have areas where we put down PCs rather than v10s due to needing quad screens. We would love quad support from WTOS.

13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PSisk View Post

Thanks Damien. How many seats would you have deployed if WTOS had the quad capability?

About 25 of the 2500 seats we deploy would benefit from this feature.

Not a large percentage, but the use cases are high visibility.
(Literally, the devices run information screens for the waiting rooms and surgical areas.)

No Events found!