Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Event ID 12 from source WYSE VDA

Event ID 12 from source WYSE VDA

I get the below error in the event logs from my VDI clients hosted from Wyse terminals. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks

The description for Event ID 12 from source WYSE VDA Logs cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

License is expired. Please contact administrator

29 Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

sounds like you are making a connection with the option to enable VDA. if you have not purchased or plan to use VDA (used for high latency connections) then you will need to either disable the option on the terminal to use VDA or uninstall the VDA client (depending upon what Firmware/OS you are using on the terminal).
if you do plan to use VDA, then on the host side you need to validate that you have a valid VDA license. if you installed the VDA eval software on the Host side it has a 30 day life and then expires, you will need to uninstall the VDA software on the Host and purchase/install the software with a permanent license key.

No Events found!