Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2015 03:00

Help building non-pxe boot floppy

Help building non-pxe boot floppy

I am having trouble building a non-pxe boot floppy. The unzipped file I downloaded has a .flp extension. Can anyone provide instructions on creating a bootable floppy that correctly uses this file?

21 Posts

Thanks very much for trying to solve these problems. I have scoured the internet for WSM info - a lot of marketing announcements, no technical help to be found. Hopfully when my Pilot-in-a -box comes(with maintenance agreement) I can get some help from Wyse technical support.

Regarding non-pxe floppy creation, page 55 of the WSM V3.6 Installation Guide states - "To configure Wyse thin clients and X86-based PCs

1. Use and 3rd partytool(such as dskimage) to program a 1.44mb floppy disk from the WSM non-pxe boot floppy image file.

I have extracted secrmI13.bin from this downloaded file. I am unable to get it to execute on a bootable floppy.

I was successfull in creating a bootable USB flash drive from the WSM Client Utilities, however the laptop I am trying to stream to(Compaq NX9010) does not support usb boot. The Client Utilities lead you to believe you can build the non-pxe boot image on the hard drive. When I try to do this is tells me it can't because there is an active partition.

Any help here?

200 Posts

The .flp is only for VMware.
If you want to create a non-pxe USB key, floppy or disk, WSMClientUtilities.exe include the tool.
Instructions are in the product documentation.

200 Posts

June 9th, 2015 07:00

secrmI13.bin is the Bootloader and you cannot just execure it.
To make a HDD bootable you can either connect the disk your pc, create a primary partition using diskmanager and then use teh WSM Bootstrap Utility to get the bootloader on that disk. Or you do a PXE-Boot on the Laptop, run disk manager from the streamed image, partition the disk as described, and then install and run WSM Bootstrap Utility.

No Events found!