Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 4th, 2015 03:00

We're having issues with our streaming clients, random slowdowns and reboots.

We're having issues with our streaming clients, random slowdowns and reboots.

We're having some problems in our pretty complicated environment.

The setup:
WSM 4.0.1 running on Windows Server 2008R2, database is on a seperate, dedicated MSSQLserver.
28 R00L devices
268 R00LE devices
111 V00L/LE devices
175 Z00D devices

All running Windows XP with a Novell client and a ZENworks for Desktops client, they do not authenticate to AD.

We have 5 servers, all with Intel SSD's in RAID0 totaling 1TB of storage per server. All servers have 32GB of memory and a quadcore Xeon E5620 (Proliant DL380/G7 servers). All servers have a team with two NIC's.

We have 6 physical sites connected through a redundant 10Gbit optical fiber. We're in the last phase of transitioning from Cisco to HP networking hardware. Problem exists on both types of hardware.

The problem:
All devices & all images experience very random hickups. For example if I'm typing an email I can type an entire line of text and it won't show up until after five to eight seconds. If I double click an icon in the menu it might take the same amount of time before it's actually clicked.

However! This problem appears to come and disappear randomly. Sometimes it happens on friday afternoons and sometimes on monday morning during peak login hours. Sometimes it lasts for days and sometimes we don't have any trouble. Users are getting tired of it. A lot of the devices are used for exam purposes.

We have about 1000 fat clients which do not experience any troubles/network congestion whatsoever. Servers appear to be just fine. Nothing in the informational logging that points to troubles.

Any ideas before we call support? 

2 Posts

June 16th, 2015 01:00

Yes and no and we're not quite sure.

We reduced the number of images, moved about half of the clients to other hardware (non SSD- Proliant G5 machines) and segmentated the entire network, no more than 50 machines in a VLAN. We're moving the clients back to the better servers some time after the finals.

June 16th, 2015 01:00

did you ever find a solution for this?

No Events found!