Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T2

July 10th, 2015 04:00

BIOS settings reset to defaults after booting into Windows...

BIOS settings reset to defaults after booting into Windows...

The title says it all. Running Windows CE 6.0 Wyse WFR4 Build 666 on a C30LE.

I can change the BIOS settings and hit F10 to save and they will stick. They get lost after I boot into Windows. All that I want to do is change the boot priority!

Is there some setting somewhere in Windows that is resetting my BIOS settings to default that I can change? I cannot find any such setting anywhere...please help.

July 10th, 2015 05:00

You need to upgrade the firmware.

You need to upgrade the firmware. I upgraded to version .672, and it is saving the BIOS settings now.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydose View Post

At first you see any hard drive activity, but then nothing. Try ctrl-alt-delete but it hung and locked hard. Reset or power cycle and try booting in safe mode. A list of drivers load moves across the screen and then stops. Once again the system freezes and hung as before and can not reboot with the keyboard.

6 Posts

July 10th, 2015 05:00

At first you see any hard drive activity, but then nothing. Try ctrl-alt-delete but it hung and locked hard. Reset or power cycle and try booting in safe mode. A list of drivers load moves across the screen and then stops. Once again the system freezes and hung as before and can not reboot with the keyboard.

Economics Earth Directory | My Blog

No Events found!