Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

May 21st, 2015 07:00

C90LEW random reboots

C90LEW random reboots

I have several of the above units that will randomly reboot. This happens even when users are logged in and working. BIOS ver 1.0APARTTBL, Windows Embedded Standard image ver 7.010654.2048. Event log shows event ID 104 SRService, System Restore initialization failed. Google and not able to find anything. Appreciate any help. Thnx.

623 Posts

May 29th, 2015 07:00

jlee,
The random reboots may be related to a couple of things. One, and the most common, dirty power. You can also be running out of RAM and the devices just reboot. You are also a couple of build behind. The current build for these units is v8.01 Build 684. You may want to try upgrading one of the failing devices before you do a major deployment.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

May 29th, 2015 08:00

I've noticed twice that my laptop rebooted for no reason, though the 2nd time MAY have been due to overheating (accidentally blocked the fan).

I'm asking because the hard drive has been making noise if the laptop is tilted (makes the noise while it is being tilted). Related? Thanks.

community forum

560 Posts

May 29th, 2015 12:00

These devices normally don't have a hard drive. The only moving part is the fan, so may be something got into the fan and it's making noise, or the fan needs to be replaced.

No Events found!