Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2015 03:00

New X90LEW / Passwords wont work

New X90LEW / Passwords wont work

I have three new, in the box, Wyse X90LeW.
Looking at the default user names and passwords, I see:
For Administrator: Administrator Administrator

User admin admin

I have tried every combination of thee words and cant get to the admin screen.

any help?

1 Message

June 11th, 2015 06:00

Can you send me those passwords too? I am in the same situation. I did search the wyse site and the latest xPE guide is from September 2009. It lists the default admin username and password as Administrator/Administrator. This isn't working when I try to login to the laptop.

Thanks.

I will send you the default password in a private message.... 
I try not to post any passwords in a public forum.

623 Posts

Due to updated security policies, the default password has changed. Please go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for the XPE Quick Start Guide and you will find the new passwords.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Can you send me those passwords too? I am in the same situation. I did search the wyse site and the latest xPE guide is from September 2009. It lists the default admin username and password as Administrator/Administrator. This isn't working when I try to login to the laptop.

Thanks.

Can you send the same to me? Same boat, manual says Administrator/Administrator but they don't work.

3 Posts

June 11th, 2015 07:00

A chap here had an issue whereby he couldnt remember or find the admin password on a C90LE WES. To get around this he:-

Logged on as User
Opened Control Panel
Opened Network Connections
On the left under "Other Places" he right-clicked My Computer and selected Manage
He was now into Computer Management (as the User)
From here he could Select Local Users and Groups and the Admin account and change the password

As it turns out the User account is a member of Administrators. So as long as he could find a way to Computer Management (using the steps above) as it is hidden in Control Panel he could change it to whatever.

1 Message

I can confirm, I have several C90LE7's and the Wyse#123, nor Administrator password work.

However, the keyboard locale causes the keys to be mapped in different places. 

So open wordpad and find where # is.

The keyboard supplied with the terminal does not correspond to the actual location of the keys.
i.e. keyboard supplied has a hard key of #, in wordpad this is / 

-(

1 Message

Maybe the solution

Hello everyone,
To get round this I use the virtual keyboard and enter the password with it. It worked for me. I think the keyboard starts in US Qwerty mode, so accordingly to your country you should experiment some problem.
To activate the virtual keyboard, click on the circle on the left (accessibility option).

Hope that helps

1 Message

Sorry i have the same problem in wyse d90dw... could you help me ?

thanks

17 Posts

U: Administrator
P:Wyse#123

Ok, here is how you do it
By default, the User account is automatically logged in. To bypass this, you can hold during the boot process or hold and click Log Off, which can be seen by selecting the right arrow next to the Shut Down button option.

disable fbwf

(os will restart)

Enter desired changes as user
/* Go back in as ADMIN password is Wyse#123 */

hold shift and press logout (keep shift held until you see administrator login

enable fbwf

os will restart and changes should be persistent

2 Posts

Hi, this (new) password does not work for me!!! Like others, I have tried the "ad", sorry, "Administrator/Administrator" access to no avail. We ARE talking about a diskless thin client device here...yes? So why the high security?! And more importantly, why oh why wont either password work!!!??? Can you please pass the correct password on to me? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post

The new password is "Wyse#123" No " " and it's case sensitive.

623 Posts

If you cannot use the Default password of "Wyse#123", "Administrator" or "Dell#123" it means that the default password has been changed, or your keyboard mapping is incorrect. 
To verify the possibility of a keyboard issue, open a notepad session and type the passwords above. If they type correctly, it's not the keyboard nor the setup.

The only other solution is to re-image the device.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

The new password is "Wyse#123" No " " and it's case sensitive.

Roger Montalvo 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 Posts

As it turns out the User account is a member of Administrators. So as long as he could find a way to Computer Management (using the steps above) as it is hidden in Control Panel he could change it to whatever. 

Reparación de Coche
Navegador GPS

No Events found!