Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 8th, 2015 07:00

Wyse terminal local user trying to authenticate with network domain

Wyse terminal local user trying to authenticate with network domain

Hello, I hope I'm in the right place.

We have an issue with our Wyse terminals which I'm struggling to fix.

We have approximately 200 Wyse VX0 terminals which are installed with Window XP Embedded. The terminals themselves haven't been added to the network domain and are all a member of the 'WORKGROUP'. They are set to log in locally on startup as 'PCNAME\User'.

The terminals do have network connectivity, even though they haven't been added to the network themselves. This was done so that performance of the terminals wasn't affected by having to authenticate with the domain on startup.

When the terminal launches and logs in as the local user, it launches the Citrix online plugin which allows the domain users to sign in and access all their applications.

The problem we're having is that the terminal local users "PCNAME\User" are constantly trying to authenticate with the domain controllers on our domain. We have lots of entries in our security logs following the below basic information:

Category: Logon/Logoff
Type: Failure Aud
Event ID: 529
User: NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Domain Controller

Description:
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name of bad password
User Name: User
Domain: PCNAME
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: PCNAME
Caller User Name: -
Caller Domain: -
Caller Logon ID: -
Caller Process ID: -
Transited Services: -
Source Network Address: (PC IP Address)
Source Port: 0

We really don't want to add the terminals to the domain as we've been advised this would seriously affect performance, especially at our satellite branches.

If anyone has a solution to stop the authentication failures it would be very much appreciated.

July 8th, 2015 07:00

I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong part of the forum. Could someone move it to the Windows Embedded Standard forum for me?

Thanks

No Events found!