Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2015 08:00

Z90S7p image is 16GB and a stock model only has 4GB of flash.

Z90S7p image is 16GB and a stock model only has 4GB of flash.

The image provided by Wyse is a 16GB image and I only have 4GB of flash on my Z90S7p. Since the Thin Client is sold with only 4GB of flash, why doesn't Wyse offer a Windows 7 Embedded image that meets the requirement of a stock thin client? Is there a way for me to edit the image and what is the level of difficulty? I am using a VMware Esxi5.5 server with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit VMs and I do not need wireless or Bluetooth support added to the image.

623 Posts

Vilynt, The Z90S7P and the Z90SW are two different machines and use two different OS. One is Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (Z90SW) and the other one is Windows Embedded Standard 7 Premium (z90D7P) so in order to upgrade the firmware, you will need to contact our internal sales group and purchase a Conversion Kit". Their phone number is 1-800-800-9973 option 1

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

If you have a 4GB flash on your machine, more than likely you have a Z90S7 thin client, not Z90S7p. As the size of Windows Embedded continues to grow, you would need to upgrade the flash on your thin clients in order to handle the current 5.3GB image for the Z90S7. You can contact you Dell Wyse and order the 8GB (P/N 920317-04L) or 16GB (P/N920317-06L) flash drive.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2 Posts

Next step

I upgraded the flash, and it is a Z90S7P, not an S7. The issue I found out, is that the previous user installed a 4GB flash module from a Z90SW running XPe. I would like to upgrade this to WES7, but I am stumped on how to go about it. I tried to load the 16GB load for the S7P, and I get a security key issue. I cannot use the 2nd gen way to get around this, because I have an XPe image and placing the flash file in the system 32 driver folder is pointless unless I am running WES7. Can someone point out what files I can use to accomplish an upgrade. Thank you.

Vilynt

1 Message

December 8th, 2019 14:00

I have 4Gb too on Z90S7. I bought it with no OS. I don”t want to upgrade flash. So, what should i do please?

And the big problem is that in BIOS, if i choose first boot device as PXE Boot, it doesn”t work and i see exclamation mark on PXE Boot.

No Events found!