Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

January 20th, 2022 12:00

ThinOS 9 auto login

We are working toward migrating our 5070 Thin clients from 8.6 to 9.1. We have ran into a few hiccups that we cannot seem to figure out the cause. In thin os 9.1 when trying to rename the clients from WMS console we can send the command to change the terminal name. But upon reboot the device wipes the settings an reverts the the default name. We also have the same issue when trying to set the default user name and password to login automatically after each reboot. If we set the default user and pass it will load the Citrix workspace as that user but when you reboot the default user is wiped and you just get the login page again. 

It seems there is a setting somewhere that we cant find that is not allowing any settings to stay that is not defined in the WMS assigned group policy for 9.x. Anyone have any idea what policy would not allow settings to be changed from the terminal.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

January 24th, 2022 06:00

I experienced similar issues when migration 5070's that wasn't shipped with ThinOS9.  I haven't experienced after going to version 9.1.5067.  I also added $TN within the Terminal Name field. This is located at System Settings/Device Settings/Terminal Specific Settings.  Hopefully that helps

3 Posts

January 25th, 2022 11:00

Thanks for the info. That works for the terminal name field.  We have not been able to prevent the locally set user name from wiping. We are looking to use the $TN variable for terminal name in the default user field for setting up the auto-logins user accounts. Then set the default password in the policy. Then we just need to create the AD user name to match the terminal names. Iv tested it on one terminal and its seems to be working so far. I'm just puzzled why you cannot set the default user and password fields locally on the zero client in 9.1 like you could previously in 8.6 without the setting getting wiped at reboot.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 1st, 2022 05:00

I'm also experiencing the same issue with Thinos9.x wiping out the default user credentials. I found that if you remove the default domain entry from WMS, it retains the default user credentials locally on the zero client. However, for us we have a child domain so we have to set the default domain and WMS won't honor that setting. 

2 Posts

May 4th, 2023 06:00

Hi @acertain, I have read your post about the auto login issue with ThinOS 9.1. It seems that you are having trouble with renaming the clients and setting the default user name and password locally on the zero client. According to the Dell Wyse ThinOS Administrator’s Guide, you need to use Wyse Management Suite to configure, operate, and update your thin clients. You cannot change the settings from the terminal unless you use the Admin Policy Tool or the Wyse USB Imaging ToolYou may also want to check the Terminal Specific Settings and the Default Domain settings in Wyse Management Suite as suggested by @th3wys31. I hope this helps you resolve your issue and migrate your thin clients smoothly. If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to share them here. Thank you for using Dell products and services.

Best regards, Hanna from CodeIT 

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

May 8th, 2023 07:00

@acertain You can set default credentials in Remote Connection > General Options at the device level. This was addressed in release 2303 (9.4.1141) and in part during release 2211(9.3.2102) without imprivata usage. You also want enable Manuel override in Login experience >Login Settings > Default Credentials

No Events found!