Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

May 8th, 2015 10:00

Xenith Pro 2 DX0D Xendesktop 7.1 not working. need newer firmware?

Xenith Pro 2 DX0D Xendesktop 7.1 not working. need newer firmware?

we are in the process of doing a POC of Xendesktop 7.1 with a xenith pro 2 Dx0D zero client. we cannot get this device to connect to our delivery group (we can see it) but we always get a ICA name resolution for failed. is this a firmware issue? as i have now seen lots of the same error all over the web. (yes i have legacy enabled pointing to pnagent config)

as we only have 1 client we do not have a wyse "contract" so cannot find out what the latest firmware is or if a later firmware has this problem solved. To me this is a not the way to run a business. at least sell your products so they are capable of doing what they are designed for.

I'm sure i will get the usual brush off from dell stating i should get a contract but my experience so far means i wont require one as this box is going back and i will be buying from another manufacturer.

but for all you non Dell employees who are running this box can you tell me what the latest firmware is and if it solves this common issue?

June 8th, 2015 06:00

funscott,
you will want to contact Dell and ask to work with your regional Dell SE that can help figure this out for you...especially if this PoC will lead to more sales for Dell - suddenly, they become very helpful!

1 Message

June 8th, 2015 06:00

Funscott,

You have to ensure Legacy Support is enabled and put the full pnliteserver URL - Example:

pnliteserver=http://ServerName/Citrix/Store/PNAgent/config.xml

Or you could do it from the client local console itself under Remote Connections --> Citrix Server Address: http://ServerName/Citrix/Store/PNAgent/config.xml

In the previous version it only needed the Web Interface server address but it seems that has changed.

I have this working on Xenith Pro 2 on firmware 2.0_105 and the latest 2.0_211 with success.

Hopes this helps.

No Events found!