Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

January 24th, 2022 21:00

Dell Support Assist App not working on XPS 8940

Hello, I've noticed that the Dell Support Assist App does not appear to be working.  I am using Windows 10 Pro (ver. 21H2, build 19044.1469).  I try to run it weekly, but it hasn't automatically detected any updates in several months.  I have found the website doesn't work either when I log in to the support page and have it check for updates automatically.  I can see updates to my system manually and have gotten emails from Dell regarding updates.

Are others having problems too?  Is there a way to refresh the Dell Support Assist App?  What do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

January 25th, 2022 03:00

I had a problem on my 8940 the required me to reinstall W11 (or W10, forgot) using the Windows Media Install tool that installed Windows but not the Dell features. You CAN D/L SA from https://www.dell.com/support/contents/en-us/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/supportassist  and install it.

I do HAVE it working, but the Scheduling DOES NOT. I have to run it manually when I 'think about it'.

You should be able to remove SA via the Control Panel Programs and Features and then reinstall it and see if that fixes it?

No Events found!