Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

January 15th, 2018 23:00

Half moon button

i accidentally hit the half moon key on my keyboard and the computer monitor shut off. when i restart the computer,the monitor didnt open. can you pls help me what to do

307 Posts

January 16th, 2018 04:00

First you must not have just hit the half-moon key by itself but combined it with Fn (Function key). This caused the computer to go to sleep. You can try to wake it up by pressing Fn and the half-moon key again and wait for the computer to wake up.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 17th, 2018 11:00

And always include exact PC model and version of Windows in your posts.

307 Posts

January 19th, 2018 04:00

The OP did not specify the model of his machine but I assumed it was a laptop since it had an Fn key. The keyboard that came with my XPS 8910 desktop is full size and does not have an Fn key. I can't answer you question about the keyboard that comes with the XPS 8930 but I always assumed it was the same type that comes with the XPS 8910 and XPS 8920. 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 19th, 2018 10:00

@Mele20 - Go to the Support page and put in your Service Tag number. (Don't post it here.) Follow the links to see your Factory (Original) Configuration. See what keyboard is listed and compare that with the one you got.

I don't know what keyboard they're offering with the XPS 8930, but I guess it's possible they shipped the wrong one. If you suspect you got the wrong one, contact Dell Tech Support, assuming your system is still under Warranty.

And that's why you should always mention your PC model when you post a new question because the rest of us can't see it from out here. :Wink:

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 19th, 2018 18:00

Depending on which PC you use more often, maybe you should swap it with the one on the XPS 8910...?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 20th, 2018 12:00

Can you contact that Small Business sales person again to see if s/he can get you a different keyboard?

If not, maybe call Dell Tech Support and ask if you can swap, but I can't promise they will agree...

No Events found!