Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2018 04:00

No mouse working and lost touch screen after update of DELL Support AssistantAgent, XPS2720

Hi,

since yesterday I cannot connect any mouse including the wireless DELL/Logitech mouse and the touch screen does not work.

Surprisingly (and thankfully), the wireless key board, that is connected via the same USB-dongle to the PC is working.

Looking at the drivers: I cannot update the driver because Windows doesn't find the file.

For other wireless and wired USB mouse(s), I tried to connect, it simply says "driver unavailable" and the standard mouse driver do not work.

Off course, I already tried to exchange the batteries of the mouse. And I also disconnected everything, restarted and connected everything.

Looking at the update history, I see that there was an update of the DELL Support AssistantAgent (version 2.1.4.14) yesterday, when everything began. I cannot uninstall this update. No other updates over the last days.

Running the hardware check vie Dell Support Assistant Agent shows me no issues with either mouse or touch screen.

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards, Andre

3 Posts

February 25th, 2018 08:00

There just came in an update of the DELL drivers that fixed it. Thanks DELL for a weekend without my PC and a lot of searching around for a possible solution. Next time, please test your releases better.

No Events found!