Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 21st, 2019 21:00

Studio XPS 435T/9000, GPU issue

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 with an really old going. I wanna try and see if I can switch it out for a gtx 770ti, but not sure if it works. I have read that it can only support up to the gtx 660ti, but some posts say it can support up to 1050. I just want confirmation that the 770ti can and will work with the pc before I go out and buy it.

4 Posts

June 12th, 2020 01:00

That's not true I'm running a RTX 2060 pro 192 bit 6 GB with no issues , card is running fine maybe slower in pcie 2.0 instead of 3.1 but everything is fine even power is more than enough off the stock supply that came in this 10 years ago or so. Watch what u tell people before you give them false information

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 06:00

4 Gig 1050 TI is as good as GTX680 and doesn't need upgrade for power supply.

770TI wont work with stock power supply.  No such thing as only working to specific model.   Almost all dells including XPS 400 work with up to 1080TI HOWEVER they require more power than the stock unit.

NONE of the RTX Series aka RTX 2060 2080 etc work or will ever work.

NONE of the Radeon R series work or will ever work.  Earlier RADEON HD 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 series work fine.

This is due to NOT SUPPORTING INT 13 MSDOS VESA video mode 103

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9b0TkTsLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUOrnp2PjK4

2 Intern

• 

590 Posts

June 12th, 2020 06:00

Tylers12345,

A GeForce GTX 770 [non Ti version] would require a larger power supply (PSU) than the original 475W one.  (A GTX 770 Ti seems to be so rare/obscure that I can't find any specs on it.  Generic 770 yes, but not any Ti version.  I'm actually not sure it exists or was ever officially released.  Are you sure you've posted the right model number you're thinking about buying?)

Agree with Varsaggo, below quote from speedstep is absolutely false:

NONE of the RTX Series aka RTX 2060 2080 etc work or will ever work.

NONE of the Radeon R series work or will ever work

It's been debunked over and over again - see for example, here -  yet speedstep keeps repeating this misinformation.

Like Varsaggo, I also have a XPS 435T/9000.  Currently running a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 in it, which I did for years on the original PSU.

June 12th, 2020 09:00

In Canada atleast, it was back in 2019 still avaliable to big box retail stores. Just like half a year ago I just built a new PC from the ground up because I had the option to do it. And I can't believe that this post is being replied to in the second half of 2020.

2 Intern

• 

590 Posts

June 12th, 2020 10:00

"...And I can't believe that this post is being replied to in the second half of 2020."

Because the upgradability of the Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 and X58 chipset platform in general has proved to be amazing.  From Windows 10, CPU (Xeon hex cores up to 3.46 GHz) and up to 192GB RAM has been reported (I'm only running 48GB).  I've got multiple M.2 NVMe SSDs in mine (and can run Windows on any of them even with the Legacy BIOS) at 1700 MB/s (3400 MB/s seems possible even with the PCIe 2 because of the x8 slot, but with different hardware, but that's another story). Also have a USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) add-in card that I get just under 800 MB/s out of.  Some of this is tricky and requires specialized hardware/configuration to get working, but once set up it works fine.  (For example, all the M.2 NVMe SSDs and USB 3.1 card are "plugged in" to the single PCIe x8 slot using specialized hardware.)

These upgrades were done over the years as new functionality/performance was needed.  If starting from scratch today, though, I'd build a new system.

4 Posts

June 13th, 2020 02:00

LoL , Speedstep has issues. I had ordered the Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC PRO rev2 about 3 weeks ago and while waiting for that and me other new parts for a new build , I got curios weather I could install the RTX into my Dell XpS 435t/9000 because the Mobo is still not supposed to be delivered till June 25th . I really was looking hard on the internet for any one that might of put this card or bigger into the decade old tower of power that thing seems to be , no matter what I throw in it , it posts and runs excellent , boots in 21 seconds from off and while the i7 920 might be a 85 % bottle neck to the Rtx 2060 for two days I was impressed with how well it actually runs .
Ohh , so , as I was saying I looked around and found that where ever the question has been asked about putting anything in this wonderful machine , there was always Speedstep there to shoot down anyones dreams it seemed . I started to realize this idiot must have a vendetta against this particular model . Maybe he asked Santa back in 2010 and santa didn't bring a Dell XPS that year . Or maybe he went AMD and all of his bitterness and unwillingness to let anyone's hopes get to high when talking about upgrading the xps 435/9000 . I wonder if he truly believes that he is right or he is just out to ruin anyone's hopes of still upgrading this tower?
I'm actually using the case for the new build and had the side slide panel replaced with glass and the front still has the led dell logo with some other new rgb inlays in the black front panel . The front DVD bays have been made to house a secondary 650watt supplemental power supply for dual rtx 2070s that were going in untill I decided to hold off till the new 30xx line comes out and grab 2 of those .
The case is great for the amount of room and ease of working on the PC when messing around with Hardware . Alot of people that seen the case love the fact it's going to be housing some newer hardware soon and the Dell logo on the front always draws a laugh when it lights up cause untill it does the case is lit in led and looks like an aftermarket definitely not a Dell retail case.
Actually giving the Mobo ram and CPU with the GTX 1050 to OC to my girls kid for his first gaming machine he's 13 and I'm trying to get him away from consoles , it's time to grow up and play with the big boys ....

No Events found!