Highlighted
Venkat_Raman
1 Copper

XPS 8700, Compatible PSU?

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Can someone please help me with the all compatible PSU's for my Dell XPS 8700.

Appreciate it.

Regards,

Venkat.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
speedstep
6 Thallium

Re: Compatible PSU for Dell XPS 8700

Jump to solution

XPS 8300 8500 8700 have specific DIMENSIONS that must be adhered to as well as SPECIFIC power requirements on the 3.3v/5v rails combined being 25Amps on each of those as well as 146+ Watts combined.

That means that specific models even from the same vendor work and others DO NOT WORK AT ALL.

EVGA 750 B1 110-B1-0750-VR  works fine BT B2 BQ G2 etc DOES NOT. BQ is made by Andyson while no-one knows who made BT unit, it's probably made by HEC. BT is such a bad unit that EVGA doesn't even list it on their site.  There is no point in something Bigger Due to the fact that you CANNOT USE more than 1 card.

So Both Physical Dimensions as well as Power Output combined on the 3.3v/5v Rails works for the B1

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-110-B1-0750-VR/dp/B00K85X23O/

This is what it looks like Fitted into the case.  NOTE The TIGHT FIT.

On many other vendors as the 12v power goes up the power on the 3.3V/5V rails max power GOES DOWN to 20A/100W max.  However in the case of dell 875w unit the power goes UP to 225w on the 3.3V/5V rails to 30Amps and 225W Combined .

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
1 Reply
speedstep
6 Thallium

Re: Compatible PSU for Dell XPS 8700

Jump to solution

XPS 8300 8500 8700 have specific DIMENSIONS that must be adhered to as well as SPECIFIC power requirements on the 3.3v/5v rails combined being 25Amps on each of those as well as 146+ Watts combined.

That means that specific models even from the same vendor work and others DO NOT WORK AT ALL.

EVGA 750 B1 110-B1-0750-VR  works fine BT B2 BQ G2 etc DOES NOT. BQ is made by Andyson while no-one knows who made BT unit, it's probably made by HEC. BT is such a bad unit that EVGA doesn't even list it on their site.  There is no point in something Bigger Due to the fact that you CANNOT USE more than 1 card.

So Both Physical Dimensions as well as Power Output combined on the 3.3v/5v Rails works for the B1

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-110-B1-0750-VR/dp/B00K85X23O/

This is what it looks like Fitted into the case.  NOTE The TIGHT FIT.

On many other vendors as the 12v power goes up the power on the 3.3V/5V rails max power GOES DOWN to 20A/100W max.  However in the case of dell 875w unit the power goes UP to 225w on the 3.3V/5V rails to 30Amps and 225W Combined .

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos