Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 20th, 2018 05:00

XPS 8900, Error after bios update, inaccessible boot system

Ran the bios update from the Dell utility.   Blue Screens with stop code: System Pte misuse.   Tried booting from a USB Window 10 Recovery.   2 Blue Screen Errors Inaccessible boot system  and System Pte misuse.   Tried 2 different versions of Bios.   No change.   Dead.   

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 11th, 2018 11:00

Are any of you with an XPS 8900 having the PTE problem still under warranty with Dell?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 12th, 2018 11:00

You need to start with a clean drive without rootkit malware. The drive and or RAM may be physically bad.

SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

The driver requested "bug check on failure" in the MDL.

The driver did not request "bug check on failure" in the MDL.

Error Number:    Error 0xDA
Error Name:    SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
Error Description:    The SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE bug check has a value of 0x000000DA.
This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) routine has been used in an improper way.
STOP    0x000000DA
Developer:    Microsoft Corporation
Software:    Windows Operating System
Applies to:    Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

6 Posts

July 24th, 2018 04:00

I was never able to fix this.  It will not boot from a usb stick or the drive.  Others are having the problem too.  Was any one able to fix this?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 25th, 2018 13:00

USB Booting and Reinstall MUST BE DONE from USB 2 ports.

Otherwise you need a special DVD.  Secure boot off Legacy option roms on.

April 21st, 2019 22:00

I know this post is pretty old, but a Dell was just given to me tonight with the same issue.

Dell Inspiron I5 - 7559

Windows 10 fresh install

After messing with boot settings and bios for a couple hours, I pressed f12 to access the boot menu.

I selected Windows Boot Manager from the list and windows finally booted to the Cortana setup screen.

I completed the setup, and was able to use windows normally. I then updated BIOS to the latest version.

I restarted the laptop and received the same error message.

I restarted and pressed f12 to select Windows Boot Manager again.

This is the only way I can use the PC until I find a real fix, but I thought it may be useful for those who need to access their files or want to use a workaround.

No Events found!