Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

April 26th, 2020 07:00

9560 DC jack issues

Hi All,

I damaged the DC jack on my XPS 9560 (glossy touch screen version), it can still charge if I use something to hold it at a certain angle, it's just very loose so constantly stops charging.

I ordered a replacement DC jack and installed it, on booting the machine I got the "unknown wattage/unknown AC adapter" error (paraphrasing), the AC adapter can power the laptop but the battery isn't receiving any charge. When connecting the AC adapter, the LED at the front of the laptop lights up for a few seconds.

I tried disconnecting the battery and holding down the power button for 20 secs but made no difference. Also reseated the DC jack connector.

I'm on the latest BIOS version.

I've now reverted to the original DC jack and that is working as before. I think it's fair to say the charge circuit on the board is fine since the old DC jack still works (albeit with a loose connection).

The only difference I can see with the replacement DC jack is that it is a "DC30100X200" whereas the original jack is a "DC30100X300". Sites seem to suggest both codes are the same cable, can anyone confirm that? Is it likely the new DC jack is just faulty and I should just try another one?

Thanks,

David

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 26th, 2020 07:00

If the same adapter was in use when the DC jack was damaged, it's very possible the plug on the adapter is damaged.  At least try a new OEM Dell AC adapter before condemning the DC jack.

3 Posts

April 29th, 2020 12:00

This turned out to be the DC jack - either the replacement I ordered was faulty or I damaged it on install, I ordered a second DC jack and that is working fine.

August 7th, 2022 04:00

DC30100X300  and DC30100X200

Could you please tell are both the same as I also got the replacement part with number DC30100X200 but the original part number is  DC30100X300 

And I am also facing issues with the new part it sometimes works and sometimes shows error Ac adaptor not recognised

3 Posts

August 8th, 2022 15:00

Hi Mukul

The new jack I installed eventually stopped working, I tried ordering another replacement but that didn't work, in the end I gave up trying to troubleshoot AC charging and opted to use USB C for charging. Standard USB C laptop chargers will work but won't deliver full wattage, still usable if the laptop isn't under a heavy load. For full charging there are a few Dell docks that work, I use the WD15

Thanks,

David

August 24th, 2022 05:00

Hello David, Thank you for the reply.

I got a new AC adaptor and now its working fine, probably the issue was in adaptor

No Events found!