Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 4th, 2019 11:00

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, bug, no drivers found message

Hi,
After getting transferred 6 times trying to report this issue by phone, I figured I'd just make an account and report the issue here.

On the downloads.dell.com website, for the XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 laptop, it lists 'No drivers found' when you go to the webpage for it:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/xps-13-7390-2-in-1-laptop.html

However, the second Drivers link on that webpage takes you to a different webpage where there definitely are drivers for this product:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-13-7390-2-in-1-laptop/drivers

So the 'No drivers found' message is incorrect

I'm not sure if this is happening on downloads.dell.com for other products as well, but it is for this one at least

Could someone please relay this to the web admins who manage the product/drivers lists on downloads.dell.com

I have a script that automates going to downloads.dell.com to get the most recent BIOS update for the models I own, but having a 'No drivers found' message display when there actually are drivers for that product really throws a wrench in this

It would also be really helpful if the model list on downloads.dell.com listed each model individually (i.e. "Latitude E5550", "Latitude 5550") rather than listing multiple models on one line (i.e. "Latitude E5550/5550"), but I digress.

Thank you so much and if you need any additional details from me, I'm more than happy to help out.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 28th, 2019 08:00

Hi @iworkinit the development team have advised that the issue with the downloads.dell.com site is not going to be addressed. The site has been maintained as a backup to the main support site for the last few years but has now been classed as redundant. 

All traffic has to be directed to the support site for any driver downloads. I expect the site will go completely offline very soon therefore I would recommend changing your script to pull the drivers from the support site during deployment and once deployed, install the command | update application or install SupportAssist and have that run at regular intervals on the system so they are kept up to date.

I understand that this is not the answer you were expecting to hear.

Alan

7 Posts

October 8th, 2019 12:00

Nobody? Should be rather easy for the web admins to simply update the drivers list

7 Posts

October 9th, 2019 07:00

Hi @Dell-Alan D,

Thank you for replying and for opening a ticket, I appreciate it.

Regarding the system lists, it's not that there should be two of the same pages. It would just be nice if the models were listed individually on the landing page, but still went to the same link, if that makes sense

I wasn't aware of the Dell Command | Update application but I will give that a look, thank you!
The script is mainly so I can have the newest BIOS firmware in SCCM and then have that new BIOS firmware applied when installing/upgrading an OS. Otherwise I run into the issue where I have SCCM try using cctk to configure the BIOS on new builds but the BIOS version is too out of date. It's not the prettiest solution, but it works

Thanks again for your help and for getting back to me

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 9th, 2019 07:00

@iworkinit thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding the missing drivers on the backup driver website. I'll get a ticket raised to have that amended.

With regards to changing the layout of the system lists, I don't see that changing. For the E series the only difference to the systems is the E versions of the systems have the docking station connector port and require a separate BIOS. There is no no need to have two of the same pages with the only difference being one BIOS file. 

Did you know you can run the Dell Command | Update application on the systems and it will do the same process as your script checking for a BIOS updates

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=y2kwd&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-7390-2-in-1-laptop

Alan

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 9th, 2019 08:00

7 Posts

October 9th, 2019 10:00

Hi @speedstep ,

I'd mentioned that in my original post. The problem is the downloads.dell.com website not correctly showing the list of drivers

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 11th, 2019 03:00

@iworkinit IT are working on fixing the issue with the driver downloads site. I have also passed on the feedback about the system listing convention.

Alan

7 Posts

October 16th, 2019 14:00

Hi @Dell-Alan D,

Has IT gotten back to you on the status of this? The webpage still remains the same

I did try out DCU and it works everywhere but an SCCM task sequence. I replied in a different thread about the error some users and I are running into while trying to run it

Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 18th, 2019 03:00

@iworkinit thanks for getting back to me. I've not heard anything back from the website dev team so I've asked for an update. 

Their response so far has been to direct customer to the support site in the meantime as it is working correctly.

Alan

No Events found!