Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

June 1st, 2021 04:00

Cannot update Dell Power Manager (DPM is not working at all)

I cannot use Dell Power Manager on my XPS (9570) because I've got message that I have to update it. Whenever I try to update it I got an error described below.

Any idea how to solve it?
I can't reinstall my windows

Error message:

Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action RemoveComService script error -2147164145, : COM+ nie może skontaktować się z Koordynatorem transakcji dystrybuowanych firmy Microsoft.

error1.png

• 

16.7K Posts

June 1st, 2021 05:00

bartolini,

Do you happen to have  "HP Print Scan Doctor Service"  installed? If so, disable it and then try using DPM.  Let us know if this is the issue or not.

Dell-Jesse L

1 Message

June 2nd, 2021 08:00

I uninstalled HP Smart and the update worked.  

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

June 4th, 2021 01:00

I have had installed HP Smart, I uninstall all staff from HP and unfortunately it wouldn't solve my problem.

You can find installation logs here - https://paste2.org/6PEGzyjp

Do you have any idea how to solve it?
Without that app my laptop is completely useless - heavy tasks like virtualization run very slowly.

June 5th, 2021 02:00

I have the same problem. Uninstalling HP did not work.

1 Message

February 17th, 2022 08:00

It is really worked , I uninstaled "HP smart" and DPM install and work correctly. Thank you

1 Message

February 27th, 2023 01:00

Hello!

I have the same problem. I read your advice and deleted all HP programms from my laptop, but it doen't help me. You can check logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoE3fleODxHekMY9pY661YLvXFKfBAyU/view?usp=share_link 

Error 1720.png

 How I can solve it? Without Power manager I can't solve the problem with my battery. Without solving the battery problem I can't update BIOS((

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 26th, 2024 05:36

@truebfg​ 

Hello, I had the same problem and after a lot of search I had seen a post on X just move the folder app into an external hard drive (flash memory)and it installed

(Hp print I didn't have it )

No Events found!