Wintersong
2 Iron

Dell 9575 2 in 1; Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio

Jump to solution

My 9575 frequently has the sound cutting out.  Sometimes when I open device manager and disable and then re-enable the Realtek Audio drvier under "Sound, video and game controllers", the sound comes back on.  Recently after hooking my computer up to a TV through HDMI, after finishing and unplugging the HDMI the sound cut out again.  Disabling and re-enabling didn't work.  But when I disabled the Intel Display Audio, I got the sound back.  It suggests to me that maybe the Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio are stepping on each others toes, so to speak.  I hope Dell will look into this.  Thank-you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wintersong
2 Iron

Re: Dell 9575 2 in 1; Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jphughan
7 Gold

Jump to solution

Which device do you have set as the default when you have the TV connected and when you don’t have one connected? And do you have Hyper-V installed?

0 Kudos
Wintersong
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The Intel audio kicks in when connecting to HDMI.  I have tried connecting to HDMI with the Intel driver disabled, but then no sound comes through to the TV at all.  When I turn on the Intel audio, sound comes on through the TV.  As to Hyper-V I do not know.  I do not run Hyper-V, have never installed it that I know of.

0 Kudos
Wintersong
2 Iron

Jump to solution
0 Kudos