Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

September 10th, 2019 08:00

Dell G7 Gaming Laptop Sound Drivers Keep Disappearing

I have a Dell G7 (G7 7588). Issue: Drivers disappear. If I try and reinstall, they constantly disappear after reboot or waking up from hibernation. Cause: Unknown. Last fix that worked long term: Complete factory reboot. Lasted a couple months, issue returned. Common Factors: I live in Portugal; I traveled to Germany and the drivers stopped working. After factory reboot, they worked. Months later I traveled to Italy; drivers stopped working. I haven't done a full factory restore yet, but am trying to figure out the issue. Troubleshooting factors: I have tried downloading drivers; ran malware/virus protection; easy driver purchased to get all the drivers in one go (no go). Please help! This is really aggravating, because when I take the computer in the field with me, I do not have sound to play audio. Thank you.

2 Posts

September 14th, 2019 04:00

• 

109 Posts

September 14th, 2019 10:00

Hello,

Thanks for your message. 

Could you send us a private note of the system Service Tag? We're here to assist further. 

105 Posts

September 15th, 2019 00:00

1. Check if the sound card, cable, and speakers are connected properly. If it is a virus,
You should run anti-virus software for full anti-virus.
2. Open the Control Panel----Add new hardware----Next step, after the search is completed, click "No,
I have not added this hardware yet, click Next. In the dialog that appears, check "Click Finish,"
Close the computer without rebooting and reboot to add new hardware." Note that this is the shutdown and then start.
Instead of restarting. In general, the problem can be solved after rebooting.
3. Right click on "My Computer"----"Properties"---"Hardware"----"Device Manager", open
The "sound, video, and game controllers" have no problem, that is, whether there is a yellow "?" in front.
If so, uninstall it first, then put it into the CD drive and reinstall the driver for this device.
4. If "Device Manager"----"Sound, Video and Game Controller" is no sound card hardware
, then you have to find your sound card, including the integrated sound card, the model must be accurate, after confirming that the sound card is found,
Then put the system driver disk and install the sound card driver.
5. When there is sound but no small speakers, open the control panel ---- sound and video
Device----Volume, put a checkmark in the "put the volume icon into the taskbar", restart the taskbar
There are small speakers.
6. When there is no sound and no small speakers, open the control panel----Add and delete programs----Add and delete
Windows component, put
CD drive disk, check the number in front of "Accessories and Tools", click "Next", the system will prompt to install
New hardware, follow the prompts to install.
7. Still can't solve the problem, then I have to reinstall the system and driver, everything is asking
The problem will also be solved, but only if the hardware is intact and the software is not in conflict.
8. When installing the sound card driver, the message “Cannot find AC chip” appears, it may be computer poisoning.
Or the sound card is plug and play loose, resulting in poor contact, and may be accidentally deleted due to illegal operation.
Card driver, or internal software conflicts. This is done step by step for different reasons.
solve.
9. You can gently tap the outer casing of the computer body, the laptop can be covered in the cover
It is slightly larger than the usual force, so that some loose parts are restored, waiting for a while after shutting down.
Then reboot and sometimes the sound problem will be restored.

No Events found!