Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 29th, 2020 04:00

Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1keyboard and touchpad not working

The keyboard and touchpad of the laptop stoped working! Even when the laptop is booting not key is working (for example if I press Capslock, no capslock light is switched ON). the only working key on the laptop is the power key.

I only can use the laptop with external keyboard and mouse. 

I run the Diagnostic Test from the BIOS while disconnecting external keyboard, but it cannot find any failure.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Please advise if you have any solutions.

Thanks.

3 Posts

December 1st, 2020 10:00

Hi,

Sorry for the late responce.

After doing some research I found that sometimes the laptop wakes up in Tablet mode and keyboard and mousepad are in active! The solution is to manually fully open and close the laptop lead to enter and exit the tanblet mode to fix this issue.

Thanks.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 29th, 2020 22:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

December 12th, 2021 23:00

I am also experiencing same issue with my Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in 1. The keyboard and touchpad not working. I had experienced same issue in Jul-Aug- 2021 and logged issue with Dell Support, they logged ticket and sent technician, but it started working before technician came home. I am experiencing same issue gain.

No Events found!