Highlighted
cdhender
1 Copper

Dell XPS 13 9380 - Fingerprint scanner issue

Hi folks - I am having a problem with my laptop's fingerprint scanner where it will stop working intermittently. It happens after the computer has been asleep, and upon waking it will not read my fingerprint. No error messages, it just doesn't do anything. If I restart the laptop, it works again, only to resume the issue after subsequently sleeping again. I have run the troubleshooter and uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for the fingerprint scanner. Still having the same issue.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell XPS 13 9380 - Fingerprint scanner issue

Hi cdhender,

Thanks for posting and for providing your service tag information in Private Message.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

We've opened a case for you and will be responding in Private Message to protect your personal information.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ctomkie2-
1 Copper

I have the exact same issue, its an intermittent problem, after sleeping, but resolves after I restart laptop.

0 Kudos
ctomkie2-
1 Copper

Found a fix... go to device manager ( windows key + x) then biometric devices, right click on the fingerprint scanner, go to properties, then power management, then uncheck the box that says something about allowing windows to turn off scanner to save power, then close, this fix worked for me, no longer having the issue after laptop asleep.