Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

May 22nd, 2021 12:00

Dell XPS 15 9500 crashes when leaving sleep or hibernation mode, enters repeating boot sequence

I've had a Dell XPS 15 9500 for about 9 months and this has been a recurring problem. If the laptop enters sleep or hibernation mode and attempts to turn on it crashes and then enters a repeating boot sequence until it reaches the recovery screen during start-up from which point I am able to perform a clean shutdown using the turn off function.

On top of this the laptop will only charge if it is plugged in prior to being turned on or will crash again despite the clean shutdown if not plugged in.

I've tried everything I could find online and performed a full clean of the hard drive and reinstalled windows from the cloud. I attempted to update to the newest version of windows 10, 21H1, however it will configure 10%, restart and then undo all changes.

If anybody has managed to solve this issue I would greatly appreciate any advice. 

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

June 21st, 2021 11:00

Per Dell-Cares the fix was:

• Open the Bios by pressing F2 at the Dell logo during system startup.
  • Then navigate to the performance option and disable c-states control.
  • Save and apply the settings.
  • Restart the computer and test the sleep mode.

5 Posts

January 26th, 2022 00:00

Any updates on this issue?
I have this issue on a XPS 9500. 
It's incredibly frustrating/unusable to have the computer reboot every single time it goes to sleep. 
In addition support-assist can no longer check for updates and comes up with an error each time. 

Dell please fix this! 

4 Posts

March 11th, 2022 07:00

Hello all. Great news.

Today I've installed the last BIOS (version 1.13.0) and now hibernate works.

In addition, Dell Command Update didn't recognize the new BIOS and I should update it manually

May 11th, 2022 15:00

I have the same problem with Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) running BIOS version 1.13.0.

This is not limited to Windows. If I use my system at night, and close the lid, then open it in the morning, it flashes on, then immediately resets and boots as though it was off.

It seems particularly sensitive to plugging/unplugging the AC adapter while it's in standby.

Once this happens, the laptop won't charge until it's been shut down, power unplugged and plugged again.

The motherboard was already replaced under warranty for this same issue.

1 Message

June 25th, 2022 08:00

Hello,

I have the same problem. I tried several solutions but without any result. As you understand, this is very frustrating!!!

Give a solution!

No Events found!