Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

5 Posts

June 5th, 2021 08:00

Dell XPS 15 9500 sleep mode issues

My 6 months old XPS15 regularly gets problems during sleep mode: fan running, getting hot, draining battery. 1 time out of 4, when I open the laptop, fan are full on, I have a Dell white screen saying scan is complete, press ok, then blue screen saying start up wasn’t proper etc.. Probably because of overheating...

I already made a clean reset of Windows, fully updated everything, installed power manager and everything  but issue is still there. 

It appears to be well known problem with Dell laptops and S0 sleep mode. I wish I knew I would never have switched from Mac to PC (Mac sleep mode was seemless). Very disappointing. I thought Dell was reliable.

Has anyone at Dell found a way to fix this?! Please tell me I don’t have to shut down computer every single time...

• 

25.2K Posts

June 6th, 2021 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.2K Posts

June 6th, 2021 08:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

1 Message

July 6th, 2021 04:00

I have the same problem. ;(

No Events found!