Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SK

1 Message

April 25th, 2019 12:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 Continuous Problems

I purchased my Dell XPS at the beginning of September. In the beginning it seemed to work great, but within the first two months I began to experience start up problems. The laptop ran hot, and one night in November after an automatic update it crashed completely. I sent it for repairs and according to the enclosed report they reinstalled the operating system. The computer turned on and worked, but startup problems began again shortly after. The errors ranged from "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you" to "Hard drive- not installed" and the screen flashing red, green, yellow and white. It spontaneously turns on and runs hot in my backpack & overheats on the way to class. I dealt with the problems for a while to try to get through my semester, since as a grad student it's almost impossible to get by without a computer. I went through customer support again last week, since it's been getting worse. According to the report, the main logic board and hard drive were replaced and the operating system was reinstalled again. However, I've had the laptop back for less than an hour and it won't start. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. This laptop was a big investment for grad school and I haven't been able to rely on it at all. Customer support said my only option is to send it back to the service center a third time. At this point, I feel that I'm owed a new computer. 

December 30th, 2019 00:00

I also have the exact same issue as yours. I am also an undergrad student and invested a lot in this laptop and got to see exactly the same trouble. 
Hows your laptop working now?

No Events found!