Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

June 8th, 2020 09:00

Dell XPS configuration different between US and Germany

Hi,

i was lookign for a new dell xps 13". I found that there are two different offering between US and Germany and dont understand why the same offering as in the US will not be offered in Germany? The difference is the resolution of the disply for the 32GB Ram and 2TB SSD model:

US:
13.4" UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflecitve 500-Nit Display

Germany
13,4"-InfinityEdge-Display, FHD+ (1.920 x 1.200), withou Touch, Anti-Reflecitve, 500 cd/m²

German Offer:

https://www.dell.com/de-de/shop/laptops-2-in-1-pcs/neu-xps-13/spd/xps-13-9300-laptop/cnx93024

US Offer:

https://www.dell.com/de-de/shop/laptops-2-in-1-pcs/neu-xps-13/spd/xps-13-9300-laptop/cnx93024

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

June 8th, 2020 09:00

@mcm_78_ffm  The XPS 13 has two display options: FHD non-touch anti-glare/matte, and UHD touch glossy.  These two options have been available for multiple generations of the XPS 13 at this point.  But if the display you want isn't available with the other combination of options that you want, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than to suggest waiting to see if the offerings change, which sometimes they do after the product has launched.  It's fairly common for system configurations to be different for different regions, presumably due to market research indicating different demand levels for various combinations in different regions.  But since the XPS 13 9300 has only recently launched, it's also possible that other configurations will become available later.  And then of course there's the COVID-19 pandemic that might be causing supply issues that might be causing Dell to limit the number of configurations they offer right now.

June 8th, 2020 10:00

Thanks a lot for the reply. The configuration I.am seeking for exsits for the US market just not for Germany. Thats why I am confused. Hope Dell will make it fast available.

No Events found!