Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

November 25th, 2020 11:00

Dell XPS13 7390 microphone

So I have worked on a laptop for years - HP, Mac, Dell. For work we have stuck to Dell products. This machine is completely useless for web meetings and recording video trainings - the microphone does not work consistently and when it does, it is barely audible. I am buying an external microphone with the hopes I can get through until my 15" machine ships. Really disappointing for a brand new machine. Went to MaxxAudioPro to adjust setting to off as recommended. No result. If I shout at the machine (will not work for an hour training), it still breaks up enough that several words in a sentence are missed. 

• 

25.7K Posts

November 26th, 2020 05:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

December 5th, 2020 00:00

I am having the exact same issue, my microphone is fading in and out and people tell me they can't hear me. This is not a problem with my earbuds because this happens without my earbuds plugged in as well. I also have not received any long term solutions from Dell tech support.

No Events found!