Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2020 11:00

Dell xps 13 7390 mic issues

My mic just stopped working properly after installing the latest update yesterday (and I'm unable to roll it back).

It doesn't detect my voice unless I shout or speak too close to the mic. It does detect keyboard strokes and all kinds of noises but not my voice.

No new updates for the drivers are needed, and no problems were detected.

Any advice please?

2 Posts

July 8th, 2020 04:00

I could actually fix this after multiple re-installation for the driver.

People still sometimes tell me that my voice looks suddenly as if I'm far then suddenly becomes too loud. Not sure if it's a network issue, but at least it works.

Hope that helps !

November 22nd, 2020 22:00

Thank you Li Yang, I had the issue of sounding like I'm cutting out in online meetings and having to get super close to the mike to be heard. Your solution fixed it!

• 

25.7K Posts

June 28th, 2020 11:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

July 6th, 2020 11:00

Hello, I am having the same problem. The mic on my XPS 13 7390 only records part of what I say - usually the first few words and then cuts off or fades out. When I'm on a video conference (Hangout, Zoom or other) the participants tell me that my sound is cutting out. I have made all updates on Support Assist and I can replicate this issues when troubleshooting my mic with Assist. This is a SERIOUS problem. I have attempted to work through Dell support. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 Message

August 7th, 2020 08:00

Hi. I too have the same microphone issues with the XPS13 7390. What was the solution please?

3 Posts

September 4th, 2020 13:00

Service Tag:

3 Posts

September 4th, 2020 13:00

I have the same issue with my microphone which is really annoying.  Just bought my XPS 13 and would have bought an HP instead if I had known about this issue.

How do I fix this and do I install a driver?

thanks

1 Message

September 15th, 2020 17:00

I am also having the same problem of my voice being too loud and then fading out and people telling me during Zoom meetings that the can't hear me well.

I tried to update Zoom, update the drivers of the microphone, but the problem is still there. It's however not there when I record myself locally.

Any update or solution would be appreciated. My XPS is brand new and I would like to be able to use the mic reliably!

9 Posts

September 17th, 2020 11:00

Same issue here, brand new XPS 13.  Zoom tells me it is a known issue with Dell XPS machines and they have engineers working on it.  Hope they fix it soon.  In the meantime I have found it works to use phone audio during the zoom session, or just to use Zoom's web client instead of the downloaded program. 

1 Message

September 27th, 2020 16:00

Same issues! got my xps in Feb. going to be completely honest. tech support couldnt find any issues. followed directions online to delete and reinstall audio drivers. this is the the only fix ive found to work for me. i paid over a grand for this computer, although this is a minor issue. im not going to sugar coat this. im not pleased! my suggestion do this before im portant meetings and the mic and audio will work good for a bit. best of luck

9 Posts

September 27th, 2020 16:00

So, I persisted with this, and last week opened a ticket with Zoom support.  Zoom eventually got back to me with: "The fix that was provided to us by Dell is to roll back to the previous version of the Realtek audio driver.  Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.8245 for Windows 10 64 bit." Meanwhile, Dell scheduled a phone call with me for this morning, and I sent them that info from Zoom.  Dell tech support did that remote thing where they take over your screen, went in to Device Manager on my XPS and updated the audio driver such that it now says "2- High Definition Audio Device."  Zoom works now!  I hope it will last.

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

October 5th, 2020 10:00

turn off mic control in WaveMax companion app

October 5th, 2020 12:00

Hi, I was able to fix this problem finally with a Killer AX1650 driver update. The update appeared several weeks ago through Dell Support Assist. 

In search bar - Support

Dell Support Assist - home - get drivers and downloads

October 8th, 2020 16:00

Installing the Killer AX1650 driver did not resolve my problem; however making adjustment in MaxAudioPro did. 

Search for MaxAudiPro in the search bar

Locate the Voice icon on the top right

Adjust the Environment Profile to Recording Studio

I tested in Zoom:

Before I made the change,  I was told that people could only hear me reliably if a use the wired Logitech headset. Using the mic on the laptop, my voice goes in and out. 

After the change, I was told there is no difference in the voice quality whether I use the mic of the lap top and the Logitech headset. 

1 Message

October 12th, 2020 06:00

That helped me too. Thanks!
No Events found!