Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SP

44 Posts

January 4th, 2022 12:00

Help, XPS 15 9570 not booting after SupportAssist update

I installed the SupportAssist Recovery update (it was around 1 GB in size) through the Dell Update app on my Dell XPS 15 9570 yesterday, did some more work and put the laptop to sleep. Today I am not able to start the laptop at all! It turns on, keyboard lights turn on, but the screen stays blank. It can't even go to BIOS or F12, let alone to Windows. No Dell logo or anything.

It looks like that SupportAssist update broke the laptop.

Help, I really need the laptop for my work. 

1 Message

January 4th, 2022 14:00

I have a similar issue with my XPS 9710. I update the Dell software and then it flashed the BIOS. Now it won't boot to windows and it seems none of the other recovery options will work, unless I wipe the whole hard drive. I've had this for just a couple of weeks and today's update has pretty much bricked the laptop.

I have been able to fix the problem myself, though I don't think I will be updating the Dell software until it's stable. The Dell solution deleted some of my apps (including paid Windows Office software). However, my laptop seems to be ok, so I'll leave it for now.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 5th, 2022 06:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 5th, 2022 07:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

44 Posts

January 5th, 2022 07:00

I have just replied to your private message. Please look into it. 

It looks like the laptop still works, but the screen does not display anything. I am able to connect the laptop to the external monitor, everything works, but the internal laptop display does not. So it looks like the display has gone dead. 

BTW, private messages are not available on your mobile site! If I am on a phone I cannot access my inbox. There is no link to my messages.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2022 10:00

I’m having the same issue with my 9570. Was there ever a solution for this?

44 Posts

January 24th, 2022 17:00

In my case it turned out the update was just a coincidence. The display cable connector that connects the cable to the motherboard got too loose because of a sudden temperature change (laptop was in cold for 10 hours and then indoors again). I opened the back cover, unplugged the display connector and plugged it again, tightened the screws a bit (not too much because that can cause problems as well), and the display worked.

No Events found!