Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SK

7 Posts

February 17th, 2019 17:00

How to hard reset XPS 13 9365 laptop?

Hi all, My fingerprint reader on my XPS 13 9365 laptop isn’t working today. The laptop was working fine the past few days but for some reason I couldn’t sign in normally using my fingerprint this morning. I don’t remember setting any PIN for this new laptop and I forgot the last solution — my password. How can I hard reset everything in the laptop? There’s no way I could sign in at all. Also, what has actually happened to the laptop? Many thanks

8 Posts

February 17th, 2019 17:00

try again in a few hours turn off the laptop by the power button and then reboot in a few hours you might be holding your finger wrong. as for hard reset you have to stop the boot process with the power button like three times before the recovery menu comes up. steven

7 Posts

February 18th, 2019 04:00

Can I ask how do I get to stop the boot process please?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 18th, 2019 05:00

If you were using the fingerprint scanner with Windows Hello, you had to set up a PIN first?  I don't suppose you set up facial recognition?

When a sign in fails it will normally go to alternate methods, which might include the PIN and password .. are you seeing that for the password?

No Events found!