Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

21 Posts

October 29th, 2020 05:00

Laptop battery does not charge beyond 55% on certain Dell PCs - For update

The article (Laptop battery does not charge beyond 55% on certain Dell PCs) on the link below was posted on Dell Support - Knowledge base page... now i have the same problem with my XPS 7390... unfortunately with the new Dell Bios i cannot perform the solution mentioned in the article as the new Dell Bios interface was different... i https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln308571/laptop-battery-does-not-charge-beyond-55-on-certain-dell-pcs?lang=en I hope Dell can help me on this or somebody who experience same issue and found a solution.

November 4th, 2020 16:00

bump

13 Posts

November 5th, 2020 02:00

Have you guys checked setting in the Dell Power Manager app?

It's a feature where you can set the limit of battery charge to extend its lifetime.

November 6th, 2020 15:00

Bios problem with no real solution so far

26 Posts

November 6th, 2020 19:00

I think it has no software solution. I am in touch with Dell support and they say they will resolve this, but it will involve a Dell tech to come over and a possible part replacement.

21 Posts

November 16th, 2020 07:00

Doesn't make sense the problem exist also on older dell models, and the solution was just in the Bios...But anyway if yours will be fix by dell by replacing hardware please post update so we will know as well. Thanks

No Events found!