Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

8 Posts

January 26th, 2020 15:00

Major wifi problem - on battery power only - with Dell XPS 15 9750

I have an XPS 15 9750 running Windows 10 Home. My wifi comes via the Killer Wifi 6 AX1650x 160MHz (200NGW) card and I'm running driver version 21.60.0.5. 

When I'm plugged into power, my wifi works fine, fast, and normally. 

When I'm operating on battery power, with the battery power option "Balanced," my wifi is completely absent. No data comes through. When I'm operating with the "Dell" battery power option, my wifi operates at about 10 percent of speed or less, and takes forever-and-a-day to connect to any/all websites. 

Microsoft had identified this as a problem with, I think, previous versions of Windows. If it has fixed this problem for Windows 10, I have not found it. 

As you can imagine, this is a major problem. What do I do, Dell, Killer, et al? 

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

January 26th, 2020 18:00

I believe the link you referred to advised to change the setting from Balance to High Performance on battery power.

From the MS page...

"If the computer is running on a power plan other than the High performance power plan when you connect to a wireless network, manually change the power plan to High performance."

January 27th, 2020 13:00

Yes, that setting either no longer exists in Windows, or it does not exist in the version/build of Windows that Dell shipped on a laptop purchased last week. 

No Events found!