Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 2nd, 2019 15:00

Problems with Bios installation 1.10.1

Hello, I've downloaded the latest Bios update but cannot execute the exe file. When I try to double click the Bios file I get the following "Could not find valid policy or recourse payload". Any way around that where I could install the new Bios to fix my DPC problems. I have an XPS15 with windows 10 and currently running bios 1.8.1. Also, my Dell update would not suggest any new updates available to insatll. Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 10th, 2019 06:00

Hi Eaghead89,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Were you having a problem with your computer?  Updating the BIOS is not really needed unless your computer is having a problem.  

Were you able to install the BIOS updates in order?  If you skip over an update sometimes the next version will not install.  You should install them from the support page instead of using an update application to do it for you.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell BIOS Updates

What is BIOS and How to Update the BIOS on Your Dell System

How to Update BIOS

3 Posts

May 11th, 2019 11:00

That was my problem. The Dell update program missed Bios Version 1.9.x. When I went in and manually installed Version 1.9, It successfully installed and then it was able to updated to 1.10.1.

Thanks,

Eric

3 Posts

May 10th, 2019 06:00

I also am having this same problem on my XPS15 9570, although on my computer, the Bios update will initially show in Dell update, then I'll try to install it. It will fail the installation, and then disappear from Dell Update until I wait about a day and restart the computer. I also am stuck at 1.8.1. Have you found a solution?

No Events found!