Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

March 9th, 2019 07:00

Static noise from audio speakers - Dell XPS 13 9350

My XPS 13 9365 has had numerous problems while asleep. It doesn't wake from sleep without a hard reset, the battery doesn't last any time while it's asleep, and randomly the speakers make a very loud, static hissing noise. I cannot recreate the issue and Dell support has been utterly useless in fixing this problem. They have swapped out the motherboard and I have reset the entire system multiple times. Of course Dell won't ship me a new one unless their tech support can recreate the issue. I haven't found anyone that has had the same issues. 

5 Posts

December 6th, 2019 04:00

Hi DannyEllis,

I have an XPS 13 9365 and have had multiple issues, some similar to you. Firstly, no audio (with either speakers or headphones), a crazy exploding noise that happens intermittently inc. when I am not using the laptop, failing to recognise external hard drives (two different ones that work on other PCs) and when I start up or re-start it gets stuck on the black screen with the Dell logo but nothing loads (no spinning wheel at the bottom indicating it is loading up) and you need to power off and restart a second time.

I can usually replicate my exploding noise by trying to play a video.

Dell did various remote assist sessions and had conflicting opinions on whether it was a software or hardware problem. Nothing they did or suggested worked. I have tried updating drivers, updating and rolling back Windows updates, re-installing the latest version of Windows 10 and even re-formatting the HD but nothing has helped. Mine is no longer under warranty so they won't help unless I pay and it is only 2 years old.

I did read that someone with a sound issue and something else had the motherboard replaced and it worked so I am disappointed to read that this didn't work for you as I was going to try this next.

I am extremely unimpressed as a long-time Dell customer (13 years or so).

No Events found!