Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

May 1st, 2019 01:00

TB16 unresponsive

Hi All, Raising a discussion for the first time here so be patient with me :) I have a Thunderbolt docking station (Model TB16; reg model K16A)) which isn't providing any service when the USB-C connector is plugged into any laptop. The TB16 itself sounds like the fan is spinning faster/is louder than normal. The "Power Adapter LED Indicator" on the front of the device (to the right of the 2 USB ports is illuminated when the USB-C cable (at the left side of the device) is connected to a laptop, however the light on the USB-C cable itself is not illuminated. I have tried swapping out another USB-C connector cable which I know works & I get exactly the same experience. Do you know if there is any other other way to interact with the TB16 so that I can further troubleshoot without connecting through the USB-C cable? I have checked the documentation for this device, but the info in there is quite limited: https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_docking_stations/dell-thunderbolt-dock-tb16_concept_guide_en-us.pdf Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, M

• 

16.7K Posts

May 1st, 2019 05:00

meepstreet,

Test the TB 16 on another laptop. Then read through the following document

How to Use and Troubleshoot the TB16

https://dell.to/2UNwM7T

Also, provide the service tag for the tb16 if it has one.

May 9th, 2019 03:00

Hi,

Sorry I have been replying to the emails not on the web page.  

I have tested the TB16 on multiple laptops with exactly the same behaviour.

There is no service tag code on the TB16 other than what’s on the underneath:

Reg model: K16A

Reg Type No: K16A001

I have already went through the troubleshooting article & not found any solutions.

My laptop ST is  &

Regards,

Michael

May 14th, 2019 01:00

Hi there, Any ideas guys? Haven't heard much back from you's recently? Thanks, MP

8 Posts

November 18th, 2019 09:00

Is the light on the USB-C connector lighting up when you plug it into a laptop?  If not, it is quite likely the cable is bad.  The cable is absolutely terrible, and fails frequently.

No Events found!