Start a Conversation

Unsolved

LW

29 Posts

December 13th, 2020 05:00

WD19TB Dock Intermittent No Signal to HDMI Monitor

I have a brand new (less than two weeks old) Inspiron 7506 and WD19TB dock with dock connected to an LG ultrawide 29wk500 monitor via a brand new HDMI cable (only input type on monitor). The monitor intermittently is receiving no signal even though power is on. Here are other symptoms/conditions:

1. When this happens plugging the HDMI directly into the  laptop works properly
  2. Other peripherals passing through the dock work properly including keyboard and mouse (via secondary USB splitter) and external hard drive plugged directly into the dock.
  3. Situation is intermittent. Has worked pretty well most of the time.
  4. Did have one situation where plugging laptop into thunderbolt didn't recognize any connected devices.
  5. Went through a round this week of updating all possible drivers for all devices and Windows updates.
  6. Monitor is on and responds to its internal menu options when manipulated with its switch/selection button.
  7. If I remove HDMI cable from the dock OR plug it back in I get the message, "No Signal, Entering power save mode" on the monitor. Again, that happens with both events.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

29 Posts

December 13th, 2020 05:00

Ooops. Didn't notice that this post was going into the XPS forum. 

Also, was able to restore service by doing complete shutdown on laptop, checking that power button light on dock was off, and then unplugging power to the dock. Not sure if anything in these steps restored the service or if gremlins took a break for a few minutes.

Also, just noticed I can edit an existing post (but can't delete or move).

1 Rookie

• 

81 Posts

January 14th, 2021 17:00

I've got the same issue: every 5-10 minutes HDMI connection to Dell's own S2421HS monitor is lost for a few seconds. It works great if the monitor is connected directly to the laptop (via USB-C to HDMI cable). XPS13 9300, BIOS 1.4.1, Ubuntu

No Events found!