This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 18th, 2018 14:00

Weird red lines across webcam.

I am getting these weird red lines on the webcam image:

WIN_20180918_21_23_42_Pro.jpg

-I have checked drivers

-This happens on all applications

-I have also done the camera diagnostic on the dell assist software.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 19th, 2018 07:00

Check the webcam cable (part of the wiring harness that connects the display to the mainboard in most cases).  If it's damaged, and you can replace it (on a non-touchscreen system, you can), replace the wiring harness.

if it's a touchscreen system, the camera and cable are part of the display - which needs to be replaced as a unit - in that case, unless the system is in warranty (in which case, call Dell), it'll be far cheaper to use a USB webcam (as little as $30) rather than a several hundred dollar display panel assembly.

1 Message

September 20th, 2018 07:00

I am having the same issue with my webcam.  It is the 15 inch 9570 touchscreen version.  Did you get it resolved?

10 Posts

December 24th, 2018 09:00

I have the same problem with my dell 9570, I bought it a month ago. How did you solve?

10 Posts

December 24th, 2018 09:00

I have the same problem with my dell 9570, I bought it a month ago. How did you solve?

• 

25.7K Posts

December 25th, 2018 14:00

Hi, Luis,

Thanks for reaching us here. I will be happy to assist you with this issue.

As the first step of troubleshooting, I’d like you to run the basic hardware diagnostics to check the hardware functionality of your system and check if you are able to see the red lines while the test is running.
This video has instructions on how to run the test: dell.to/2gEuPZz

If the red lines appear only when you are using a webcam, then run a custom test on Camera through Support Assist (Refer to this link https://dell.to/2VaCCBK to download Support Assist).

After you run the test, let us know if you receive any error messages or error code along with a few details via private message.

To send a private message, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the details requested (Service Tag, registered name, email address, test results and picture of the red lines)

Note:-
Ensure that the laptop charger is connected while you initiate the diagnostics and do not run the extended memory diagnostic test.

-Farooq

1 Message

January 10th, 2019 20:00

Is there a resolution for this issue. I have the same problem and my laptop (4k UHD touchscreen version) also came a month ago. brand new and I experienced this issue out of the box. Online trouble shooting by dell with drivers re-install, etc suggested here did not work. Sent it back to tech support with the same issue and they replaced the lcd/webcam but had the same problem again immediately upon opening the laptop. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

Hi pk352,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Were you able to perform the tests as given by the previous agent above?  If so, what was the outcome?  Do you see these red lines when viewing a video or only through the camera?  Have you been able to try with a different camera (external)?  What type of lighting are you using?  is the room dark (just using ambient lighting) or well lit (like an office)?  Please try different lighting scenarios and post back.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!