Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2020 22:00

Wifi completely dead in new Dell XPS 13 7390

31 days ago I bought a brand new XPS 13. It otherwise has been working fine.

Wifi completely went out today, making it not a very effective laptop. Windows says that the Killer Wifi Adapter has driver or hardware issues.

So, I uninstalled the drivers and installed the latest ones from their site. Nothing.

I ran Killer's Diagnostics tool recommended in other threads so that I could create a ticket on the Killer site, and "There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later". I can't even enter a ticket, and I don't know how to interpret the diagnostic log.

Any thoughts? Tomorrow I guess I'm going to be calling Dell.

Also, the frustration of this is compounded by the fact that this happened 1 day after the end of the Dell Return window (which is based on the invoice date, not the date you receive the shipment). I spend $25 extra dollars on shipping so I could get it quicker, and it got caught up in China, preventing it from getting to me on the time specified on my invoice. The return policy should start the day that the product is received.

Thanks for listening.

February 25th, 2020 11:00

After speaking with Dell Support, we reset my BIOS to BIOS defaults and the issue was resolved. If anyone has similar issues with their Killer Wifi, this may be a good fix.

Either a Windows Update or something else must have changed the settings detrimentally.

Thank you Ronald from Dell Support!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 24th, 2020 23:00

Thank you for your message, Navid. I'm Prashanth and I'll be glad to look into this case for you. Could you please let me know what is the exact issue with the Wifi? Are you able to detect the Wi-fi network or do you have issue in connecting to any particular network? Do you have the exact error message that you received for the Wi-Fi card? If yes, please share the image. 
Also, please go to device manager, click on network adapter, take a picture of the drivers listed and send it me.

Please try running supportassist test for network adapter and let me know the status. Follow the steps from the link https://dell.to/2TcO7Zd select troubleshoot, scan a specific device, select Network adapter and run the test.

1 Message

April 11th, 2020 08:00

I had the same issue- ultimately got it working by running the uninstaller tool from Killer's site, and after reboot the Wifi was working WITHOUT re-installing the Killer drivers.  Windows Device Manager shows that the card is using the Intel driver (version 21.50.1.1).

I contacted Dell support - they were useless and wanted me to PAY for a call to their 'advanced' support team.  To fix an issue on a laptop that I'd had for a week and was caused by THEIR updates THEY pushed to my system.  This is unacceptable.

Dell - a laptop without WIFI is a paperweight. 

• 

25.1K Posts

April 12th, 2020 13:00

Thank you for the tag SunfinBurd. Have you tried installing one of the older driver versions that was working fine? ^SP

May 8th, 2020 08:00

I have the same problem. It is solved by following your advice. Thank you very much. 

March 4th, 2021 12:00

Had the same issue, and same solution. Tried everything, including reinstalling Win10, but eventually setting the BIOS to Factory Default got it done. 

Thanks for the tip. 

1 Message

November 23rd, 2022 08:00

Dell can you please follow up. I have experienced this same issue. a BIOS reset will temporarily give me WiFi access but eventually, disconnects. This requires me to reset my BIOS multiple times a day. 

5 Posts

January 19th, 2023 08:00

Is your problem solved in the meantime? I got the same problem .. 

No Events found!